Stuebe’s proposal, which is identical to a measure he put forth last session, would move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
Although rescheduling would lift the burden of tax code 280E and make cannabis research easier, per Marijuana Moment, the move would not end federal prohibition entirely.
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- Hemp Building Institute Opens to Help Progress Industry Forward
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Program Launches
- Cannabis Seeds Are Federally Legal: What Now?
- BDSA Expands Depth of Actionable Cannabis Industry Insights with Launch of Menu Analytics
- 7 Tips for a More Productive Offseason
- Cannabis Conference 2023 Registration Now Open
- UPDATE: Hong Kong Bans CBD
- Finding the Best Path Forward: FDA’s Norman Birenbaum Talks Hemp-Derived Product Regulation