The approved facilities include:
- Botannis Labs MO. Corp. in Springfield
- GCA, Inc. in Herculaneum
- EKG Life Science Solutions, LLC in St. Louis
- Farma Laboratories LLC in Platte City
- Inovatia AgriTesting Services, LLC in Fayette
- Green Orchard Labs, LLC in Chillicothe
- ClearWater Science LLC in Kingdom City
- ContiCorp LLC in Galena
- Green Hills Labs, LLC in Moscow Mills
- Cloud TEN, LLC in St. Louis
At least 17 applications were submitted for the testing licenses, USA Today reported, and this is the first of six licensing rounds to license the medical cannabis supply chain in the state.
The licensed labs will be responsible for testing the products sold through the state's dispensaries for contaminants like chemicals and mold, and must also verify THC levels, according to the news outlet.