Two Canadian firms are moving into the Massachusetts marijuana business, with deals to acquire two local medicinal marijuana companies that already have been approved for recreational cannabis licensing.
Milford-based Sira Naturals announced it will be acquired by Toronto-based Cannabis Strategies Acquisition Corp. Columbia Care, parent company of Patriot Care, with locations in Boston and Lowell, said in a statement it will be doing a deal with Canaccord Genuity Growth Corp, another Toronto firm.
Steven Hoffman, the chairman of the state’s Cannabis Control Commission, said yesterday that he was aware of the deals but he noted, “If somebody has a change of ownership, they have to notify us and we have to approve that change or they can lose their license.”
Top Image: © rgbspace | Adobe Stock
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- California’s Water Crisis: Why Action Is Needed Now
- Colorado, Oregon Face Steepest Cannabis Market Corrections
- UPDATE: Florida to Issue Additional Medical Cannabis Licenses, Increase Application Fees
- Maryland Lawmakers Propose Adult-Use Cannabis Regulations
- WATCH: How to Defoliate a Canopy
- Hemp Building Institute Opens to Help Progress Industry Forward
- Breeder's Insights: Après
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Program Launches