Patients purchased 4,571 pounds of medical cannabis last month, the news outlet reported, and The Natural Relief Dispensary in Sherwood reported the most sales, with 431 pounds sold.
There are 92,035 patients enrolled in the medical cannabis program, according to KNWA.
“Patients spent approximately $800,000 daily in September on medical marijuana purchases,” Scott Hardin, a spokesperson for the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, told the news outlet. “Additionally, 4,571 pounds is the largest month for sales in 2022. Through the first nine months of 2022, patients have spent $205 million to obtain 36,600 pounds of medical marijuana. We anticipate 2022 sales will surpass the $264.9 million spent in 2021.”
An adult-use cannabis legalization measure will go before voters in the November election, and a recent study from the Arkansas Economic Development Institute projects annual adult-use sales averaging as high as $681.7.
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- California’s Water Crisis: Why Action Is Needed Now
- Colorado, Oregon Face Steepest Cannabis Market Corrections
- UPDATE: Florida to Issue Additional Medical Cannabis Licenses, Increase Application Fees
- Maryland Lawmakers Propose Adult-Use Cannabis Regulations
- WATCH: How to Defoliate a Canopy
- Hemp Building Institute Opens to Help Progress Industry Forward
- Breeder's Insights: Après
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Program Launches