How To Grow Cherry White by Mosca Seeds

Departments - Upfront | Breeder’s Brief

Cannabis cultivation information for growers, from breeders.


Photo courtesy of Mosca Seeds

Cultivar details:

Plant physiology: Cherry White is an indica-dominant plant that can grow fairly large if given a longer vegetative stage but easily capable of a more structured bush shape when topped early on. Phenotypical expressions reveal 40% reddish-purple hues while the remaining 60% are green. All expressions have an aggressive growth style.

Average yield: When grown properly, Cherry White will reward the grower with high output of resinous flowers with expected yields of 600 to 800 grams per square meter (56 grams to 64 grams per square foot).

Flowering time: Recommended flowering time is 60 to 65 days after flowering photoperiod is initiated. Resin development starts early in flowering, beginning during week three and culminating during days 55 to 60.

Ideal light-intensity setting: Cherry White grows well under both LED and HPS lighting and performs well in high light intensity. It is recommended to follow equipment manufacturers guidelines when designing a layout. A PPFD of around 850-950 for the first seven weeks of the flowering cycle is recommended, with a reduction in light intensity to 750 PPDF during the last 10 to 14 days.

Ideal cultivation environment temperature: During the early vegetative period, it is best to keep temperatures between 75°F to 80°F. Mosca Seeds states that, for this variety, the temperature should be kept between 81°F to 85°F throughout most of the flowering period, with a reduction to 75°F for the last two weeks of flower in sync with the reduction of light intensity levels.

Ideal cultivation environment relative humidity: Relative humidity should be kept between 55% to 60% during vegetative growth and transitioned to 50% to 55% during the flowering cycle. 

Water needs: Cherry White is an average eater and can withstand frequent watering on a regular basis. Even watering delivered through a timed irrigation feed system works best, with multiple daily feedings lasting 1 to 2 minutes each.

Nutrient needs: Cherry White is not a fussy consumer of macronutrients and responds well to normal nutrient levels during both vegetative and flowering cycles. Providing mycorrhizae, micro, and trace nutrients is highly recommended.

Cannabinoid profile: When grown to its potential, Cherry White can reach THC peaks between 26% to 29%.

Terpene profile: Cherry White’s flowers have a cherry incense aroma with mild pine undertones and a fresh taste similar to their scent. It is high in myrcene and pinene.

Susceptibility to any diseases/conditions: Cherry White has an above average resistance to molds and pests.

Author’s Notes

Cherry White responds well to topping; however, Mosca Seeds prefers to bend the main stem horizontally. This allows the secondary branches to grow additional bud sites while creating less stress on the plant. Partly due to its indica nature, Cherry White is known to produce a calm state of being and to provide a relaxing escape from stress.