Senate President Pro Tem Tim Ashe said lawmakers in his chamber will fast-track legislation that would create a retail market for cannabis sales in Vermont, but House Speaker Mitzi Johnson said she isn’t convinced Vermonters are ready for a tax-and-regulate system.
“While we have legalized the behavior of tens of thousands of Vermonters, we are losing out on the ancillary benefits that could accrue to a formal, safe, regulated system,” Ashe said.
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- UPDATE: Hong Kong Bans CBD
- Finding the Best Path Forward: FDA’s Norman Birenbaum Talks Hemp-Derived Product Regulation
- Federal Judge Upholds Block on Certain New York Cannabis Licenses
- US Representative Reintroduces Legislation to Reschedule Cannabis
- 4 Tips For Cultivating a Powerhouse Cannabis Grow Team
- Benchmarking: What Cultivation Employees Value Most
- Colorado, Oregon Face Brunt of 2022 Correction
- Sonoran Roots Maintains Family Work Culture Amidst Growth