Dispensaries sold 994,545 items last month with customers spending $48 on average per sale before tax, the news outlet reported.
The Illinois Department of Revenue is expected to release tax figures later this month, but reported that May’s cannabis taxes and associated sales taxes generated $12.5 million in revenue, according to the Daily Herald.
Illinois has collected $52.7 million in cannabis tax revenue to date, the news outlet reported, which has surpassed budget estimates of $28 million.
Cannabis sales have topped $239 million since adult-use sales launched Jan. 1, according to the Daily Herald.
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- Hemp Building Institute Opens to Help Progress Industry Forward
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Program Launches
- Cannabis Seeds Are Federally Legal: What Now?
- BDSA Expands Depth of Actionable Cannabis Industry Insights with Launch of Menu Analytics
- 7 Tips for a More Productive Offseason
- Cannabis Conference 2023 Registration Now Open
- UPDATE: Hong Kong Bans CBD
- Finding the Best Path Forward: FDA’s Norman Birenbaum Talks Hemp-Derived Product Regulation