Arkansas medical cannabis sales have surpassed $50 million since the market launched less than one year ago, according to a local 5 News report.
Department of Finance and Administration spokesperson Scott Hardin told the news outlet that the most recent sales figure comes after several days of an uptick in sales at the state’s 20 operational dispensaries.
Thirteen more retailers have yet to open, 5 News reported.
Arkansans have purchased more than 7,932 pounds of medical cannabis totaling $50.7 million in total sales since the first dispensary opened in May 2019, the news outlet reported.
Latest from Cannabis Business Times
- California’s Water Crisis: Why Action Is Needed Now
- Colorado, Oregon Face Steepest Cannabis Market Corrections
- UPDATE: Florida to Issue Additional Medical Cannabis Licenses, Increase Application Fees
- Maryland Lawmakers Propose Adult-Use Cannabis Regulations
- WATCH: How to Defoliate a Canopy
- Hemp Building Institute Opens to Help Progress Industry Forward
- Breeder's Insights: Après
- Missouri’s Adult-Use Cannabis Program Launches