In the second episode of Cannabis Conference’s new podcast series Beyond the Show, Jesce Horton, founder of the Oregon-based cannabis cultivation company LOWD, joins Digital Editor Eric Sandy to talk about his journey in the cannabis industry. As a business owner in one of the most competitive cannabis markets in the U.S., Horton is finely in-tune with the ins and outs of what connoisseur cannabis consumers look for in their products.
When it comes to niche marketing, Horton emphasizes the importance of expressing the culture that you come from in your products and marketing tactics. Although the cannabis industry is quickly shifting to be centered around new consumers, Horton founded LOWD on the principle of marketing to members of the original cannabis community. Environmental sustainability and innovation are also key factors that Horton makes sure to carry over into his product marketing.
Horton also touches on the main points he will discuss during his session “How Cultivators have Succeeded Carving out their Small-Batch Niche” at Cannabis Conference 2021, including:
- What vision he had in mind while establishing his business;
- Which qualities make a connoisseur in the cannabis space, and how those characteristics define what they’re looking for in the flower they’re buying;
- Which qualities keep in-demand products on shelves;
- The importance of patience while searching for the right facility design in the fast-moving industry; and
- How creativity plays into niche markets.
Beyond the Show airs every Friday on Spotify, Google Play, iTunes, and CannabisBusinessTimes.com.
And to hear even more from Horton about what it takes to effectively reach your target niche market, register for Cannabis Conference 2021 (Aug. 24-26, 2021, at Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino). His session, “How Cultivators Have Succeeded Carving Out Their Small-Batch Niche” will be held Aug. 26 from 11:25 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PT. Regular registration rates expire July 31, 2021.